Monochromatic Garden Scheme
|The crimson tones in the coleus and impatiens are dazzling in this monochromatic planting.|
Simple Guidelines for a Rewarding Monochromatic Garden
- White blossoms are the hallmark of any moon garden
- Silver foliage lighten up the moon garden and glow in the moonlight
- A fountain adds soothing and jovial sounds of moving water.
- Candles or low lights add to the mystic of a moon garden
- Mirrored balls can reflect the low light and add interest.
- A few colored accents are welcomed and add interest during the day. Too many colors become muddy at night
- Mosquitoes are attracted to moon gardens also so take precautions.
- Bat houses or ponds stocked with goldfish can help with insect control.
|Dappled willow trees and shrubs will grow well in full sun, part sun or part shade. Best color is produced in full sun.|